Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday in Haiti

If this little girl does not grab your heart, I don't know what will. She is the happiest little girl, smiles all of the time. Very curious, hard to keep her in one place.

This will most likely be my last post in Haiti. I have a free day and plan to spend most of it on the play balcony with my kids. They have just finished breakfast and are ready for play.

This time in Haiti has been greater than I could have ever imagined. No other experience like it. God has given me a heart for this place and I pray that when I return to the U.S., He will give me the adequate words to convey to you what their needs, hopes and dreams are.



Just a little tease to melt your hearts.
I have served with a great group of volunteers while here. Most are from Canada, some from the U.S.
In case you are wondering about my shirt (Not a fan) go to notafan.com to find out.
Request from Haiti
I sent out an SOS by email, but in case I missed you. There is a need for Christmas gifts for the children at the Toddler House. They range from ages 3 to 8yrs old. There are 40 girls and 40 boys. The items need to be small, because they will need to be shipped. The gifts are not to be wrapped, as they would be unwrapped in customs.
I need to be able to ship by the middle of November in order for them to arrive in Haiti in time for Christmas. If you would like to participate send me an email at orphanbear@aol.com.
If you would rather send money that would be appreciated to help cover shipping and customs cost.
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated and God Bless You.
In closing:
I have been to the Mountain Top and was the view fantastic!!!!!!!!
Three things that I have found
a. Discern God's Voice
b. Be willing to do His will
c. Blessings will abound
Until next time
May God be with you
Mary Jo in Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment