Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday in Haiti

I really can't believe that this day will be the end of my first week. It has been wonderful, beyond what I could have ever imagined. The kids are so alert and loving, and a few are a little head strong, ha ha. That only means that they will be able to take care of themselves some day.

It does my heart good to know that the majority already have "forever families" waiting for them.

I am sorry, but for some reason could not post pictures in this blog. I had some really cute ones, too. I will try again later, if I get a chance so check back.

We took some of the kids on a walk yesterday, they are little troopers, they fared better than I did, all either up hill or down hill. Quite a site to see.

Continue with the prayers and I pray that you have a blessed day.

Mary Jo in Haiti

5 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie! I miss you sooo much but I know you are giving those little angels a lot of love and that's what God has called you to do. I had dinner last night with Karen, Linda & Paula at the Mexican Restaurant. Wish you could have been there!!!! Your car is covered with leaves and I'll try to clean it off before you get home. I'll do the Bible Study next Friday on Psalms but if it's okay with you, the next Friday it would be great if you could share some of your Haiti stories and more pictures of those sweet babies. I am praying for you constantly and pray God keeps you safe and well. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the next Friday we will be going to Apple Patch. I will plan the Friday after that to share, we will not be able to use the room at the church, but I have something in the works for that.

    Thanks for the prayers and support for the work here at GLA. Love you all much!

    Mary Jo in Haiti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you and the children are enjoying each other. They are so blessed to have you in their lives, and so am I. We missed you friday night. I'm looking fowards to seeing you on the 2nd. My mom asked about you again today, she said thanks for the pictures. I miss you and you are in my prayers everyday. Be safe. - Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Hope all is well, and glad your experience is better than expected!
    Can't wait to see pixs.
    Love Amy, Koleman, Emary and Linley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I haven't been able to get through I have loved reading all that is going on. The kids look just precious. I pray for you and the kids every day. Love you and will be happy to see you and hear more. Willena

    ReplyDelete