Monday, October 19, 2009

End of first day

I just finished my first day at GLA, Wow, what a wonderful day.
When I arrived it was time for lunch and then I was shown around the orphanage. I had a couple of hours after the tour, so I was able to spend time with 2 of my children.

I have 8 children assigned to me and they are mine for the time that I am here. The first two have been wonderful and totally loveable.

The playroom that we take the children to, is an open air room, overlooking the most beautiful view. Mountains every where.

Oh, the ride from the airport was quite an experience, I will save that for later.

Once again, thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for the children of GLA.

4 comments:

  1. Our prayers were answered, thank you God. Can't wait to hear about your ride. Glad to hear that your first day went well. Give the children some hugs for me. Take care, love you.- Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our dinner at Texas Roadhouse last night. Everyone asked about you and sent their love. Alexis called me at home & read me your blog for today. For some reason, I don't have it on my computer yet. I'm glad you got there safely. Give those precious babies kisses for me. Love & miss you, Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.m trying to send you a comment,hope Ican do it this time.The pictures you posted are great,the babies are precious. Molly is doing fine, but she misses you and so do I. She is being my protecter from Jim. She loves Bryson.Iam so happy that you are enjoying this experience, God will bless you for your participation. I'll keep watching. All my love
    Valendia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valendia, thanks for the post, I really miss Molly, too, give her a big hug for me. My first week with the children is over and it went better than I had expected. I love you, too. God has already blessed me more than I deserve and He just keeps on. God is Great!!!!!!!!

    Love you
    Mary Jo in Haiti

    ReplyDelete